Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Anger Management

I was nearly in a wreck this morning. As I was making a right-hand turn onto the busiest street in town, a red truck decided he would change lanes, full speed, without a blinker, in the middle of the interesection. As I was already midway into the turn, there wasn't much I could do; fortunately, he was going just fast enough we avoided a collision. When I changed lanes and fell in beside him, he decided he would make a statement about drivers like me who don't foresee rash, illegal maneuvers by hollering his wrath out his window. It made me see the error of my ways. Really.*sighs* Truck drivers. (Warning: Generalization Ahead) They always have to be in control.
I hate the cold. I'm wearing gloves right now, in fact (no Michael Jackson comments, please). But I love winter--hot chocolate, holidays, basketball season, the hope of spring. Maybe I like it because it's the most idealistic season. Family. Friends. Warm fires, roasting chesnuts. A new year with new possibilites. Or maybe I just like the gifts. ( ;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only problem
with Haiku is that you just
get started and then
~Roger McGough

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home