Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Carrots

Write it on your calendar, folks, the football team actually mercy-ruled another team, instead of vica-versa, and for Homecoming to boot. I am still in shock, a bit.

I realized how rusty my basketball skills are, with only one month before the season starts, at the bonfire after the game on Friday. My mediocre shooting was the first revelation; when a junior high punk stole the ball as I was dribbling, it really hit home--hard. Although I worked on my skills this summer more than I have in the past, it still wasn't near as much as I could--or should--have. Sure, I have pety excuses to passify my conscience, but the fact is, I was fairly lazy and apathetic through August and September. With one month remaining, I still have time to put some effort out before practices start. October 3 will be the starting line.

"Carrots!" (No, I don't expect you to understand that)

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home