Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

chemicals and me

I burnt myself in chemistry lab today. I was using a bunsen burner and got a little too close to the flame. I've been expecting this all year. I've always been somewhat of a closet pyromaniac.

Old age is probably the one thing that scares me more than anything. No, I don't fear it anymore, though I dread it. But I won't waste my life in anxiety over the uncontrollable. If God takes me before I reach fifty or sixty, though, I won't complain. There's plenty to live for, but I'm not afraid of death and have no desire to live in a mentally unstable and physically weak state.

My grandpa is in decline, health wise. Has been for several years, actually. The doctors screwed him up. Again. But we're fallen humans, what can I expect? No, perfection is not for this world...

I'm cursed genetically. Seriously. I have no doubt I'll be mad by thirty. Well, perhaps that is slightly mendacious and overdramatic...

Back to homework...

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home