Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Friday Night...Darkness?

It looks as though this school year will be busy, but not to the extreme I had originallybelieved. I'm actually looking forward to it; well, not the waking up at 6:20 part, but the rest should be good.

Friday was the first LCS football game of the year. The game was against Greenleaf Friends (a Quaker school...who knew they were allowed to compete in athletics?) It was fun; the conversation was nice, the competition was about even, and our team won...well, sort of. At the beginning of the third quarter, the lights on the north bank of the stadium went out, followed shortly by the south side. After about thirty minutes of no play, the announcer thanked us for coming and supporting the team, and shooed us away. It was bizarre. Oh, well. Hopefully, the lighting difficulties will be resolved before the next game.

Another lab with Pettigrove today. It went well. My partner Allison broke a small, glass beaker, but that was the only glitch. The experiments were rather basic, but interesting--separating the colors in the ink of markers with water, heating water and making a graph with the date collected by timing its cooling.

I joined in a game of the famed Ultimate Frisbee with...what's his name?...Fibonacci and his friends on Sunday. I can understand the addiction, although I would have enjoyed it much more if I had been in different clothing and shoes; as it was, I got two lovely blisters. Oh, well. Perhaps I shall start an Ultimate league here.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home