Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Words, words, words..."

I was reading an article yesterday about the possibility of Katrina causing a national depression. What a different America that would be; I wonder what that would do to our largely apathetic and materialstic culture. Not that I really want to know. A depression is one of the phenomena I have no desire to experience, perhaps seconded only by civil war. *shudders*
After rejecting the pop-up offer a centillion-vigintillion times, I gave in to my curiosity and took an online I.Q. test. It wasn't too difficult, albeit perturbingly long. Apparently, I have an I.Q. of 127, and apparently, that's good. I didn't know, so I did some research. Go figure.
I have decided if I ever become a published author, my pen-name shall be....oh, crap. I can't say what it's going to be, because I would be telling part of my real name. Never mind. *sighs*
I have determined, as of last night, to respond, when asked to define a word I use, with the classy "go look it up." 1.) because I may know the concept and definition of a word, but putting it into a coherant definition for someone eles is somewhat difficult for me; 2.) because it's easier; and 3.) it might actually get people to pick up a dictionary (yes, I do sometimes read them in my spare time, although I prefer a good thesaurus).

“You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire.” --A. Buchwald

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger Fibonacci said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home