Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Treasures from the Past

Argh, somehow my entire post got deleted when I tried to publish it. *sigh* Time to rewrite. Confounded technology...

I bought some sweet jewelry at an antique store down the street from school today. Originally, I went with some friends just to look around (it's going out of business and all), but then I saw all this stuff and decided I could invest in some new ornamentations for myself. The man who co-owns the shop with his wife is quite friendly, though nearly deaf, and gave us plenty of options, even several (as in many dozens) that were not on display. After much indecision, I chose two coppery bracelets (one with black, the other with blue) as well as a silver and blue necklace. My mom came in and found some earings she liked, also. Interestingly, as I was rumaging through the box of copper jewelry, I noticed a bracelet identical to one I have that was my aunt's; I love it, though I have always assumed it to be somewhat worthless; however, I was surprised to see the price tag read $45. Go figure...

My dad is psyched up about his upcoming camping retreat. Consequently, he is rather edgy and distracted, too. He started this retreat about three years ago for fellow "Christian businessmen." They go deep into the outdoors and cook huge meals and fish and study and worship and build uncannily large fires (or so the tale goes) and no doubt belch and do all the other "the women and kids are at home and we can do manly and Christian reatreat-type things." I'm not sure who I'm quoting. But I am.

Word of the day: finical (adj. fastidious; detailed or precise; meticulous)

"The hope of the Christian is not an anxious wish for a carefree life but a thing that is active and unthreatened even in the furnace of life's worst trials." --Joe Stowell

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home