Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pet Peeves

I don't usually get annoyed easily. I seem to have more control and tolerance in that area than many people I know. But there are certain things I dislike and avoid as much as is reasonable, due to their disguisting, ridiculous, unrealistic, or feigned characteristics. Perhaps these are my "pet peeves." A list of the major offenders follows:

1. Emo (teen angsty) blog poetry.
2. Politics
3. Reality Tv (like, say, the Real World)
4. Stereotypical cheerleaders
5. Hip-hop
6. Overfull garbage cans
7. People who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom
8. People who don't appreciate good literature
9. Lists of pet peeves--Seriously. If I saw someone else post this, I would probably think he or she was an imbecile. Yet here I sit, typing in my hypocrisy. Oh, well...

And Today's Word is: exacerbate (trans. verb--to make more violent, bitter, or severe)

"I walk the streets of Japan til I get lost 'cause it doesn't remind me of anything." Audioslave, Doesn't Remind Me

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home