Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Creepy Crawly

There is an amusing conspiracy theory I inadvertently stumbled upon at http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/idaho_does_not_exist.html (I have yet to figure out how to post a link without having the URL, but I'm working on it).

A lady from my church recently had an incident occur involving the stuff of nightmares. She lay in bed last Teusday having a disconcerting dream about ants crawling all over her; she awoke to discover hundreds of tiny spiders exploring her bed and feasting on her flesh (ugh, that's more film noir than I meant it to sound). Suffice it to say she was covered with bites the next morning.

Since I went to a (rather jejune) corn maze on Friday, I was thinking about how dangerous the whole scare-them-with-the-chain-saw concept is. Seriously, all it would take is one deleriously frightened child running into the corn in the wrong direction and that fad would be over...while the lawsuits would just be beginning.

On a cheerier note, Christmast season (holiday break, actually) starts, more or less, in 57 days. Of course, the stores are already in holiday merchandise full-swing. But, let it be. I suppose I have already started purchasing gifts or the supplies to make them. And just think, basketball season begins in two weeks! Whoo-hoo. Ugh, I had a nightmarish dream that we had to sprint 50 ladders (or suicides, what have you) the first practice because there is a 'manditory retreat' for the whole school the first week of practices, and we'll need to make up for those missed days, after all. I'm laughing at it now. Hopefully, it's not prophetic. Wouldn't that be memorable? (:

dra·ma·tur·gy (n. the art or technique of dramatic composition and theatrical representation)
drek (n. trash, rubbish)

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home