Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Monday, October 31, 2005

Sonority and Me

I can't sing. If I were to make a list of those activities I am good at and those I am not so good at, singing would without a doubt be at the top of the latter. Although I enjoy music, I am by no means competent. I never had any training as a child, which might have affected any potential talent. Regardless of the reasons, singing has become somewhat of a trial, unless I am listening to the radio alone. So, I suppose I shall have to continue writing songs, not performing them.
Senior night for football was on Friday; they were mercy ruled. Both games.
Karissa stayed with us over the weekend; she and I were headed downtown to Treasures of the Past on Saturday, as she wanted to inspect their jewelry (which is now 50% off). Since I knew making a left turn on Main would be close to impossible, and traffic was especially crazy considering the sidewalks and crosswalks were swarming with masked and costumed children out ravaging the businesses of their candy, I advised her to turn left the street before. Of course, that happens to be a one way street...going right. Fortunately, there were no cars in that lane, and she zipped into a nearby parking lot. *sighs...idiot* Anyway, after I nearly had us klled, we arrived at the antique store where I promptly bought an elegant silver bracelet and earring set inlaid with pink and purple rocky stuff. The earrings I converted into a necklace, considering I don't have my ears pierced. (I did once, but I decided the experience of nearly blacking out each time I attempted to take the earrings in or out--wasn't worth it.)
I had ninety-one pictures developed last Saturday, all from springtime events. Developing photos in my family is extremely difficult; we always end up procrastinating for months. I spent the rest of the weekend scrapbooking with Kari.
This week has been somewhat slow, since I don't have any highschool classes; tomorrow the pace will be picking up, with basketball officially starting. Friday should be a nightmare. Run to the roar, huh?

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home