Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Upswing?

I finally think I'm getting better. There are longer intervals between coughing spasms and nose-blowings. I can only taste fruits, come vegetables, meats, bread, and chocolate, due to my congested allergies, and cough syrup is suprisingly delicious. Dairy products, potatoes, and sauces like mayonaise are fairly bland or flavorless, and cereal has taken on a new dimension. It's rather fun tasting things, actually, just to see how different it all is.
My friend Kari has been sick this week as well, and she actually had a reaction to some medication and had to go to the doctor for hives. Her mom was sick first, then her sister caught the illness (her fever peaked at 105!), then Kari, and now her dad is thinking he's catching it. It looks like the same thing will be happening here, since my dad has a sore throat now.

Labels:

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Post a Comment

<< Home