Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mumblings...

You would think after my posting drought, I would have a lot to talk about. But I don't. So I may just ramble about a lot of superfluous nothing....

There's something wrong with my hands. The skin, specifically. Occasionally (I've never tracked exactly how often or consistant it is), the back of my hands get especially dry with a reddish rash in accompaniment, and I'm currently having a flair up. The problem is that I'm not sure what is flaring up. I'm nearly certain it isn't eczema, as I've never had a problem with it itching and it doesn't quite resemble the pictures I've seen. I don't think it's getting worse, but it has sort of moved; it used to be more toward the base of my thumb and lower knuckles, and while it still affects the knuckles, it's centering on my lower hand and upper wrist now. Sometimes the skin is hot to the touch. Perhaps I should have a physician look at it sometime, but so far, I can generally "cure" it with lotion in the space of a few days. Actually, I'm thinking the rash a reaction to chemicals or...something. When I peel potatoes, it makes it worse. When I wash my hands a lot, it makes it worse. Actually, I think it's the towels I use after I wash my hands that worsens it. But I could be dillusional, as well. When I wash the dishes, it makes it worse. Is anyone else is seeing the connection in all these instances? Indeed. I must be H2O intolerant. Should've known it was that confounded dihydrogen monoxide.

As long as I'm discussing mysterious ailments, I should mention my ears. Occasionally (that dreaded word again) during basketball practices in the last two years, I've noticed my ears "plug up," just like when one is driving in a car and the change of elevation affects one's sense of hearing. It isn't constant or chronic or what have you, but it's rebarbative when it does occur. Anyway, I have this same problem when I'm sick sometimes, or about to be sick. Like now, for instance. I've been fighting that wretched flu my mother had ever since she had it, and I currently am having the hint of a sore throat and the ear issue. Yawning helps, but usually only for a few seconds.

Well, I'm certainly setting myself up as a querulous sort, aren't I? Really, though, other than weird health issues, life has been going well. With basketball over, I've been concentrating on school more. I really need to turn my attention to my room, which is a distaster. A huge disaster. Still. Right now, though, I think I'm going to go to sleep. So fare thee well, faithful readers.

Labels:

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home