Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Our Imperial Tarsi

In an attempt to thwart my mad detective skills, my mom has begun wrapping the tags on top of the gifts. My dad has also caught on to the mystery-recipient craze, so I have--quite begrudgingly--decided to give them a taste of their own proverbial medicine. So, instead of labeling the gifts "To mom" or something lame like that, I'm using anagrams, such as "Cheery elf faces lob car."

Speaking of anagrams, my brother informed me of some English queen who was quite fond of them and spent her leisurly hours in de-anagramizing; there was one puzzle was never able to solve, however, the answer being a single, ten letter word: Roast Mules. Intrigued, I got out the ol' Scrabble pieces and messed around with it last night, finding a lot of words (Ultra-Moses, Toaless Rum, etc.), a lot of words that should be (Tesomurals, Lastmouser), but no reasonable solution. (When my parents got home, we continued our attempt to de-anagramize Roast Mules, our favorite being Soul Masters.) It would help to know if the answer is actually in English; considering she was a queen of England, she likely knew French and possibly Spanish, Dutch, Latin or what not. Or maybe not. Regardless, we haven't come any closer than she.

Speaking of predecessing queens, I have somewhat thick ankles. Not when you look from the front, but from the side. I'm supposedly related to Mary, Queen of Scotts. (That makes me royalty, btw, not only by ambition, but also by birth.) No one else in my family is cursed by these odd, thick bones, so I've decided I get all my royal genes from dear, old Auntie Mary. In other words, I have regal looking ankles. *sighs knowingly* Yes, I realize it just isn't quite fair that you can't be more like me...

Perhaps my family also gets their madness from the royal blood-line. Seriously, there ar--I mean, were a lot of crazy monarchs. Speaking of madness, I think there's something wrong with me. I don't feel like eating any of the plethora of candies surrounding me. Huh. Well, regardless, I guess all I have left to say is...



























That certainly didn't work as well as I'd hoped...Interpretation: Have experience enjoy live remember celebrate a Happy jovial merry cheery lovely memorable simple peaceful blessed wonderful enchanting safe uncharted jolly warm-hearted phenomenal fascinating Christmas Season and a New Year full of Wonder and Discovery~

Labels:

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home