Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.
[W. H. Auden]

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Give Me the Cheeseburger and No One Gets Hurt...

How much does a McDonalds's cheeseburger cost? The menu says $.99, but you might have to pay some dignity, too.
I was wearing a tie yesterday. That's not entirely unusual for me. I bought it at a thrift store; it's incredibly retro and looks like something Mike Brady might have worn to a business meeting. Other than the tie, my clothing was, I thought, perfectly in sync with the supertrends of the day: white shirt, blue jeans, flip-flops and a military-style hat.
I was going through the drive-thru at McDonalds with Vanessa. As I handed our money to the blonde, blue-eyed, braced cashier, she notices my outfit. "So is it dress-up day or something?"
"No," I replied. "I just have a weird sense of style."
She stared at me with a blank expression, smiling. Braces, blank staring, smiling. It was weird. And it wasn't the only comment I got on the tie. Maybe Mike Brady should stay in the 70's.
Dress-up day? Psssh.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my trauma therapist.

Labels: ,

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$>Blots:

Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger Qalmlea said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>
Blogger kate said...

<$BlogCommentsBody$>

<$BlogCommentsDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentsDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home